York University International Scholarships include the Global Leaders of Tomorrow and the International Entrance Scholarships of Distinction. These scholarships are mainly for international students who intend to take a full-time undergraduate degree at the University of York.
York University is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada’s third-largest university. York’s main campus is located in the northern section of Toronto, along with Glendon College, which offers French language and culture programs. York’s business and law schools have campuses in Markham and Osgoode, respectively. It operates an international campus in Nanjing, China.
York University was established in 1959 as an autonomous institution by the Government of Ontario through the Yonge Street University Act, following five years of planning and construction by the municipal government of North York. The university was founded upon the principles of open learning, performing and creative arts, research, critical thinking, and sustainability.
The university offers academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels in various fields. The university has over 200 strategic research partners, including government departments, agencies, corporations, and business associations. As a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), York shares a close partnership with the other member universities of the ACU in advancing academic excellence; contributing to society through research and learning; fostering exchange, collaboration, and engagement; advancing knowledge through outreach activities, and providing services to communities.
Brief Description of the York University International Scholarships
Scholarship Location: Canada
Host Institutions: York University in Ontario, Canada
Course/Level of Study: Any undergraduate degree program that begins in the Fall 2022/23 term under the following faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Education; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; or the Schulich School of Business
Eligible Country: International Students Globally
Worth of Awards:
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $80,000 ($20,000 x 4 years)
- International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction: $140,000 ($35,000 x 4 years)
- All scholarships above are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided high academic standing is maintained each academic year.
Eligibility Criteria for York University International Scholarship
In order to be considered for any of the international scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2022/23
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
- The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Applicants must speak to their school guidance counselor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated.
- The applicants must then provide the nominator’s name, position, e-mail, and phone number in the application form.
- Must upload one letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile) by 1 February 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time• Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by 1 February 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time.
Method of Application
To apply for the York University International Scholarships, candidates must complete the International Student Scholarship & Award Application form online. A 9-digit York reference number is required, which you will receive within 5 business days of applying to York.
For more information on how to apply, visit the official scholarship website below.