Visa Sponsorship: Approved Jobs in the UK Health and Care Sector

UK Charity Work Visa Sponsorship
adsterra Advertisement
adsterra Advertisement

Hey everyone! Today, I’m excited to share with you some great news for those of you who are looking for a career in the UK Health and care industry. There are several verified care homes and agencies that are currently recruiting care assistants and they’re offering visa sponsorship! That’s right, if you’re an international candidate, you can now apply for approved jobs in the UK health and care sector and receive support in obtaining your visa. We are going to dive into the world of the Health and Care industry in the UK, How to Apply, and Eligibility. So, Whether you are a doctor, nurse, care worker, or any other healthcare professional, this article is for you!

Approved Jobs in the UK Health and Care Industry with Visa Sponsorship


The UK is one of the most developed countries in the world, and it’s no surprise that the healthcare sector is thriving. From London to Manchester, from Glasgow to Cardiff, the opportunities for healthcare professionals are endless.

And the best part? The UK offers visa sponsorship for those who want to work in the healthcare sector. That’s right, you can work and live in the UK, without having to worry about immigration issues.

adsterra Advertisement

Of course, the healthcare sector is not for everyone. But if you are passionate about helping others, if you want to make a difference in people’s lives, then this might be the perfect career path for you.

Adcash Advertisement

How Do You Qualify for UK Health and Care Visa Sponsorship?

So, if you’re an immigrant looking to work in the UK Care Home sector, and wish to receive sponsorship, you must prove that:

See also  Top 10 Visa Sponsorship Jobs in the UK That Pay Better than Nursing

1. You have not been sponsored by a UK employer before. 

adsterra Advertisement

2. Your qualifications are genuine and compliant with the Care Standards Act 2000; 

3. You will be willing to work in any care home in the UK which applies to your job description 

4. You will not accept any other employment during the validity of your visa sponsorship scheme; 


5. Be a licensed doctor, registered nurse, health care provider, or adult social care worker.

6. Work in a profession that qualifies for health or social care

Work for a UK employer who has received Home Office approval. And also you have a job offer from the employer. This means you’d have a job-specific sponsorship certificate that is current

7. You have sufficient funds to support your stay in the UK until it is no longer required. You hold at least £2,000 in savings and/or a UK cash savings/bank account that can meet expenses during the validity of your visa sponsorship scheme.

Supporting paperwork for the Health and Care Worker visa

As with every UK visa application, you will need to produce several supporting papers, including, where applicable, the following:

  • A document or letter from your bank or building society demonstrating that you have sufficient personal funds unless your CoS demonstrates that your A-rated sponsor can assist you instead.
  • Proof of your English proficiency, except your country has the English language as the official language for communication
  • A current, valid passport or travel document proving your ability to travel
  • Expired passports or travel papers that demonstrate your travel history
  • If you are from some countries you will be required to provide a Tuberculosis test result.
  • A certificate of a criminal record.

Approved Jobs that are Eligible for this type of visa

To be eligible for the Health and Care Worker visa, your position must fall under one of the following occupations:

  • 1181: health services and public health managers and directors
  • 1242: residential, day, and domiciliary care managers and proprietors
  • 2112: biological scientists and biochemists
  • 2113: physical scientists
  • 2211: medical practitioners
  • 2212: psychologists
  • 2213: pharmacists
  • 2214: ophthalmic opticians
  • 2215: dental practitioners
  • 2217: medical radiographers
  • 2218: podiatrists
  • 2219: health professionals such as audiologists and occupational health advisers
  • 2221: physiotherapists
  • 2222: occupational therapists
  • 2223: speech and language therapists
  • 2229: therapy professionals such as osteopaths and psychotherapists
  • 2231: nurses
  • 2232: midwives
  • 2442: social workers
  • 3111: laboratory technicians
  • 3213: paramedics
  • 3216: dispensing opticians
  • 3217: pharmaceutical technicians
  • 3218: medical and dental technicians
  • 3219: health associate professionals not elsewhere classified
  • 6141: nursing auxiliaries and assistants
  • 6143: dental nurses
  • 6145: care workers and home carers
  • 6146: senior care workers
See also  How to Search for Visa Sponsorship Jobs in the U.K.

Accredited employers in the UK’s health and care industry

Before requesting a Health and Care Worker visa, you must already have a work offer from a UK business that has received approval. Sponsors are another name for approved employers because they are paying for your travel or accommodation while you are in the UK.

So your job offer must be from:

  • the NHS
  • an organization providing medical services to the NHS
  • an organization providing adult social care

How Long Does it Take to Obtain this visa?

To apply for the Health and Care visa, your UK sponsor must first issue you a CoS. This is a one-of-a-kind reference number that you will use to apply online at the Home Office website.

After you have completed all of the required information, the following step in the application process is to pay the applicable charge. You will also be required to provide a number of papers in support of your application.

When the application is received, the Home Office will review the material and papers and may give you one of two options:

If it is not feasible to reuse any biometrics submitted with a prior application, schedule a biometrics session; otherwise, you will be instructed on how to enroll in biometrics using an ID app.

Upon receipt, UK Visas and Immigration will prioritize and expedite your application for the Health and Care Worker visa (UKVI).

Because of this, the great majority of healthcare professionals applying through this route may often anticipate a response to their application three weeks after submitting their biometric data.

See also  Exploring Careers at Fidelity Bank: What to Know

Health and Care Worker visa application fees 

The application for this type of visa costs £232 for those staying up to three years and £464 for more than three years. And Whether you apply from within the UK or outside of it, the price remains the same.

You will pay £55 less for your application if you are from one of the following nations:

Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, or Turkey. Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic.

You should also bear in mind that the cost reduction is only available for your own application; partners and dependents must still pay the full application fees. Partners and dependents will also need to pay the same amount to receive a visa.

adsterra Advertisement

Author: bryte

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *