How To Move To Canada From Nigeria: Many Nigerians want to move to Canada for a better life. Canada is a great place to live, with good health care, friendly people, and many opportunities. This article will tell you how you can move to Canada from Nigeria. We will also notify you what you need to do for each way and how to apply. By the end of this article, you will know more about how to move to Canada from Nigeria.
Why move to Canada?
Canada is a popular place for people from all over the world to move to. But why is Canada so good? Here are some reasons you might want to move to Canada in 2024.
- More jobs: Canada has a strong economy with many jobs for people who have skills or can learn new skills. Canada also pays well, has good benefits, and has a low unemployment rate. According to CanadianVisa.org, Canada wants to welcome almost 1.9 million new people by the end of 2025 to help the economy grow.
- Better education: Canada has one of the best education systems in the world, with good public schools and universities respected worldwide. Canada also has the most educated people in the world, according to the World Population Review. If you move to Canada, you can get free education for your children until grade 12 and cheap education for yourself or your family afterwards.
- Diversity and inclusion: Canada is a country that welcomes and respects people from different cultures, languages, and religions. Canada has people from over 170 countries who speak over 200 languages and follow different faiths. Canada also supports and protects the LGBTQ2+ community. If you move to Canada, you can be yourself and be accepted by others.
- Beauty and nature: Canada is a beautiful country with big landscapes, mountains, lakes, and animals. Canada has 46 national parks and reserves, where you can see nature and do fun things like hiking, camping, skiing, fishing, and more. Canada also has four seasons, each with its beauty and charm.
- Safety and health: Canada is one of the world’s safest and most peaceful countries, according to the Global Peace Index of 2022. Canada has low crime, good laws, and a stable government. Canada also has free or cheap health care for everyone who lives there. If you move to Canada, you can have a good life and be happy.
These are some of the reasons why people move to Canada. Of course, other things might make you want to proceed, like family, preferences, or goals. Whatever your reason, moving to Canada can be great for you and your future.
How To Move To Canada From Nigeria?
There are different ways on How To Move To Canada From Nigeria. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): This program is for people with skills who want to live in Canada permanently. You need to have at least one year of work experience in a skill, know English or French well, and have enough points on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): This program is for people who want to live and work in a specific province or territory of Canada. Each province or territory has its criteria and streams for selecting immigrants who can contribute to their economy and society. You need to apply to the Province or territory of your choice and get a nomination from them. Then, you can apply to the federal government for permanent residence.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): This program is for people with work experience in Canada who want to stay there permanently. You need at least one year of work experience in Canada in a skilled or semi-skilled occupation, meet the minimum language requirements, and have a valid work permit or authorization to work in Canada.
- Express Entry: This is not a program, but a system that manages the applications for the FSWP, PNP, and CEC. Express Entry ranks the applicants based on their CRS score, calculated based on factors such as age, education, work experience, language ability, and adaptability. Express Entry invites the highest-ranking applicants to apply for permanent residence every few weeks. Express Entry is the fastest and most popular way to migrate to Canada from Nigeria.
How to apply for Canada immigration
If you want to know How To Move To Canada From Nigeria, you need to follow these steps for each of the programs we talked about before:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): You must make an online profile on the Canadian government website and tell them you are interested in moving to Canada. They will invite you to apply for permanent residence if you have the right skills and qualifications. You need to send your full application within 60 days.
- For example, if you are a nurse, you can make a profile and show your work experience, education, and language skills. If you meet the minimum requirements, you will get an email from the Canadian government to apply for permanent residence. You must fill out the forms and send the documents within 60 days.
- Express Entry: You need to make an online profile on the Canadian government website and tell them you want to move to Canada. They will invite you to apply for permanent residence if you have the right skills and qualifications. You need to send your full application within 60 days. You can begin your free assessment here.
- For example, if you are a teacher, you can make a profile and show your work experience, education, and language skills. If you have a high score on the Comprehensive Ranking System, you will get an email from the Canadian government to apply for permanent residence. You must fill out the forms and send the documents within 60 days.
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP): You must apply to the province or territory where you want to live and work. They will choose you if they think you can help their economy and society. After they choose you, you can apply for permanent residence with the Canadian government.
- For example, if you want to live and work in Alberta, you can apply to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program. It would help if you showed that you have a job offer or a skill in demand in Alberta. If Alberta chooses you, you will get a letter from them to apply for permanent residence at the Canadian government.
- Sponsorship: Your family member in Canada needs to apply to sponsor you. If their application is accepted, you can apply for permanent residence in the Canadian government.
- For example, if your spouse is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, they can apply to sponsor you. They need to show that they can support you financially and that your relationship is genuine. If their application is approved, you will get a letter from the Canadian government to apply for permanent residence.